1. Organism found at the bottom of the seas are …….
2. In a food chain, the largest population is that of ………..
- Primary Consumers
- Tertiary consumers
3. Which of the following statements is true regarding the “law of segregation”?
- Law of segregation is the law of purity of genes
- Alleles separate from each other during gametogenesis
- Segregation of factors is due to the segregation of chromosomes during meiosis
- All of the above
4. The tendency of an offspring to resemble its parent is known as
5. The stimuli through which a dancing scout bee communicates the location of a food source to other worker bees in a hive are…
- Contact and Visual
6. Nobel prize winner for the discovery of method of interpersonal communication in honey bee is …
- Von Frisch
- H.G. Khorana
7. An adaptation is:
- A place where an organism lives.
- A characteristic that improves the organism’s ability to survive.
- A stage in an animal’s life cycle.
- A characteristic the prevents an organism’s ability to survive.
8. The set of ecosystems is called a
9. Energy _____ in an Ecosystem.
- is released
- is absorbed
- None of the above
10. In a gene interaction the gene that masks the expression of another gene is termed:
- Epistatic gene
- Hypostatic gene
- Both (a) & (b)
- None of these
11. Ecosystem is smallest unit of….
12. Which scientist first gave the laws of hereditary?
- None of these
13. What is the phenotypic ratio in F2 generation of a monohybrid cross?
14. Mendels second law is the:
- Law of Independent Assortment
- Law of Segregation
- Law of Dominance
- Law of Polygenic inheritance
15. What is the other name of Exocetus?
- Flying fish
- Tree frog
- Flying frog
16. Adaptation for flight are called __
17. Who prepares honey in honey bee colony?
- Worker Bee
- All 3 types of honey bees
18. At certain age human baby starts walking; this type of behavior is known as:
- Social Behaviour
- Acquired Behaviour
- Innate Behaviour
- Personal Behaviour
19. Who coined the term “ecosystem”?
- Arthur Tansley
- E. P. Odum
- Albert Einstien
20. What is the phenotypic ratio in F2 generation of a monohybrid cross is?