Exercise. 1: Fill in the blanks in the sentences below, using verbs in the simple present form to express eternal truths.
- Most snakes lay (lay) eggs, but the python gives (give) birth to young ones.
- People who work (work) for long hours in the Sun often gets (get) sun burnt.
- Computers store (store) large amount of data.
- Magnets attract (attract) iron filings.
- Plants produce (produce) their own food through the process of Photosynthesis. During this process, plants take in (take in)
- Our lungs expand (expand) when we breath in (breath in) and contract (contract) when we breath out (breath out). The lungs have (have) tiny blood vessels which are called capillaries. Oxygen goes (go) directly into the blood through these capillaries. The heart pumps (pump) blood to the different parts of the body.
2. Fill in the blanks spaces in the sentences below, using verbs in the simple present tense to show present truths.
Pawar lives (live) in Nagpur. He works (work) in a bank. He has (have) two children, who goes (go) to an English medium school. Raghavan’s wife teaches (teach) Sanskrit in the school. His brother is (be) an artist. He paints (paint) pictures.